Relationships may not be a life-or-death matter, but they can certainly seem that way when you’re in the midst of romantic strife; just ask Booth newcomer Timothy Bloom, whose latest single finds him madly in love with a certain female, despite the fact that their constant fighting makes his day-to-day existence a living hell. On This May Be, the singer/songwriter/composer/producer showcases the full breadth of his talents, serving up a slow-burning, rock-informed instrumental backdrop for his soulfully poignant verses, which finds him grappling with the possibility that, in spite of his hopes to make it to heaven with the girl in question, this may be their last day together. Though no amount of Booth acclaim can cure the pain of a broken heart, I have a feeling the artist’s bitterly lovelorn tale – along with his understated production chops and radiant falsetto – will earn him more than a few pats on the back from our resident R&B-lovers. If you’re craving more from this budding talent, keep it locked; Timothy’s latest project, In Full Bloom, has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you informed as details emerge.
Listen to More: Timothy Bloom
Written by richard on 01/26/11
Zone 4/Mosley Music Group/interscope Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)