Relationships may not be a life-or-death matter, but they can certainly seem that way when you’re in the midst of romantic strife; just ask Booth newcomer Timothy Bloom, whose latest single finds him madly in love with a certain female, despite the fact that their constant fighting makes his day-to-day existence a living hell. On This May Be, the singer/songwriter/composer/producer showcases the full breadth of his talents, serving up a slow-burning, rock-informed instrumental backdrop for his soulfully poignant verses, which finds him grappling with the possibility that, in spite of his hopes to make it to heaven with the girl in question, this may be their last day together. Though no amount of Booth acclaim can cure the pain of a broken heart, I have a feeling the artist’s bitterly lovelorn tale – along with his understated production chops and radiant falsetto – will earn him more than a few pats on the back from our resident R&B-lovers. If you’re craving more from this budding talent, keep it locked; Timothy’s latest project, In Full Bloom, has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you informed as details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/26/11
Submit your Rating
Zone 4/Mosley Music Group/interscope Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.