Relationships may not be a life-or-death matter, but they can certainly seem that way when you’re in the midst of romantic strife; just ask Booth newcomer Timothy Bloom, whose latest single finds him madly in love with a certain female, despite the fact that their constant fighting makes his day-to-day existence a living hell. On This May Be, the singer/songwriter/composer/producer showcases the full breadth of his talents, serving up a slow-burning, rock-informed instrumental backdrop for his soulfully poignant verses, which finds him grappling with the possibility that, in spite of his hopes to make it to heaven with the girl in question, this may be their last day together. Though no amount of Booth acclaim can cure the pain of a broken heart, I have a feeling the artist’s bitterly lovelorn tale – along with his understated production chops and radiant falsetto – will earn him more than a few pats on the back from our resident R&B-lovers. If you’re craving more from this budding talent, keep it locked; Timothy’s latest project, In Full Bloom, has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you informed as details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/26/11
Submit your Rating
Beyond The Sky Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand in the Way (Of My Love)" (2015)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.