When I first heard Time of Your Life, the recent hit single from Alumni Music Group‘s Kid Ink, my first thought most definitely was not, “This would sound great as an acoustic ballad.” Now that Booth newcomer Timmy D.‘s gone and done the damn thing, though, I can’t front—counterintuitive as the concept may be, it works in execution. Substituted for Ned Cameron‘s original, synth-driven beat, producer Lü Balz‘s string/keyboard-accented guitar progression backs the Boston-based crooner as he translates Ink’s melodic, flowed bars into sung verses. Could this radical reimagining be better than the original? As always, I’ll let DJBooth readers lay down the final verdict. While this cover isn’t part of a larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Timmy D. in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.