When I first heard Time of Your Life, the recent hit single from Alumni Music Group‘s Kid Ink, my first thought most definitely was not, “This would sound great as an acoustic ballad.” Now that Booth newcomer Timmy D.‘s gone and done the damn thing, though, I can’t front—counterintuitive as the concept may be, it works in execution. Substituted for Ned Cameron‘s original, synth-driven beat, producer Lü Balz‘s string/keyboard-accented guitar progression backs the Boston-based crooner as he translates Ink’s melodic, flowed bars into sung verses. Could this radical reimagining be better than the original? As always, I’ll let DJBooth readers lay down the final verdict. While this cover isn’t part of a larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Timmy D. in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.