When I first heard Time of Your Life, the recent hit single from Alumni Music Group‘s Kid Ink, my first thought most definitely was not, “This would sound great as an acoustic ballad.” Now that Booth newcomer Timmy D.‘s gone and done the damn thing, though, I can’t front—counterintuitive as the concept may be, it works in execution. Substituted for Ned Cameron‘s original, synth-driven beat, producer Lü Balz‘s string/keyboard-accented guitar progression backs the Boston-based crooner as he translates Ink’s melodic, flowed bars into sung verses. Could this radical reimagining be better than the original? As always, I’ll let DJBooth readers lay down the final verdict. While this cover isn’t part of a larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Timmy D. in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.