When I first heard Time of Your Life, the recent hit single from Alumni Music Group‘s Kid Ink, my first thought most definitely was not, “This would sound great as an acoustic ballad.” Now that Booth newcomer Timmy D.‘s gone and done the damn thing, though, I can’t front—counterintuitive as the concept may be, it works in execution. Substituted for Ned Cameron‘s original, synth-driven beat, producer Lü Balz‘s string/keyboard-accented guitar progression backs the Boston-based crooner as he translates Ink’s melodic, flowed bars into sung verses. Could this radical reimagining be better than the original? As always, I’ll let DJBooth readers lay down the final verdict. While this cover isn’t part of a larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Timmy D. in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.