When I first heard Time of Your Life, the recent hit single from Alumni Music Group‘s Kid Ink, my first thought most definitely was not, “This would sound great as an acoustic ballad.” Now that Booth newcomer Timmy D.‘s gone and done the damn thing, though, I can’t front—counterintuitive as the concept may be, it works in execution. Substituted for Ned Cameron‘s original, synth-driven beat, producer Lü Balz‘s string/keyboard-accented guitar progression backs the Boston-based crooner as he translates Ink’s melodic, flowed bars into sung verses. Could this radical reimagining be better than the original? As always, I’ll let DJBooth readers lay down the final verdict. While this cover isn’t part of a larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Timmy D. in the weeks and months ahead.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.