On debut Booth feature Passion, Michigan singer/songwriter Times New Roman described a relationship that sounded a little too perfect. I mean, gazing at the constellations and kissing in the rain? Come on! Sure enough, follow-up single Diamonds reveals that their love has a few minor flaws—for example, his girl’s obsession with celebrities and expensive jewelry, and her tendency to stay in bed watching Netflix while he’s out on his hustle. Though his tone is a little more cynical this time around, the artist’s vocal performance is as mellow and breezy as ever, and Nottz‘s chopped-sample boardwork adds to the cut’s upbeat vibe. Adam Ardekani directs the accompanying visuals. For Diamonds and much more, cop Times New Roman’s Satisfaction Demo Tape, available now for purchase from the artist’s official site.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.