On debut Booth feature Passion, Michigan singer/songwriter Times New Roman described a relationship that sounded a little too perfect. I mean, gazing at the constellations and kissing in the rain? Come on! Sure enough, follow-up single Diamonds reveals that their love has a few minor flaws—for example, his girl’s obsession with celebrities and expensive jewelry, and her tendency to stay in bed watching Netflix while he’s out on his hustle. Though his tone is a little more cynical this time around, the artist’s vocal performance is as mellow and breezy as ever, and Nottz‘s chopped-sample boardwork adds to the cut’s upbeat vibe. Adam Ardekani directs the accompanying visuals. For Diamonds and much more, cop Times New Roman’s Satisfaction Demo Tape, available now for purchase from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)