On debut Booth feature Passion, Michigan singer/songwriter Times New Roman described a relationship that sounded a little too perfect. I mean, gazing at the constellations and kissing in the rain? Come on! Sure enough, follow-up single Diamonds reveals that their love has a few minor flaws—for example, his girl’s obsession with celebrities and expensive jewelry, and her tendency to stay in bed watching Netflix while he’s out on his hustle. Though his tone is a little more cynical this time around, the artist’s vocal performance is as mellow and breezy as ever, and Nottz‘s chopped-sample boardwork adds to the cut’s upbeat vibe. Adam Ardekani directs the accompanying visuals. For Diamonds and much more, cop Times New Roman’s Satisfaction Demo Tape, available now for purchase from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.