On debut Booth feature Passion, Michigan singer/songwriter Times New Roman described a relationship that sounded a little too perfect. I mean, gazing at the constellations and kissing in the rain? Come on! Sure enough, follow-up single Diamonds reveals that their love has a few minor flaws—for example, his girl’s obsession with celebrities and expensive jewelry, and her tendency to stay in bed watching Netflix while he’s out on his hustle. Though his tone is a little more cynical this time around, the artist’s vocal performance is as mellow and breezy as ever, and Nottz‘s chopped-sample boardwork adds to the cut’s upbeat vibe. Adam Ardekani directs the accompanying visuals. For Diamonds and much more, cop Times New Roman’s Satisfaction Demo Tape, available now for purchase from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.