Sade—the very name instantly evokes sensuality, exoticism and sophistication. On their latest video single (originally written as a birthday gift to Ms. Adu), EMI Records twosome Times Neue Roman channel that timeless ambiance with a hip-hop twist, vibing out to the inimitably smooth singer/songwriter as they roll along the T-Dot streets in their drop-top convertible. Sade Is in My Tape Deck (catch the Outkast reference?) finds crew member Alexander The hooking up with saxaphonist Dave Mergins and percussionist Ian Riddoch to craft a silky yet bass-bumping backdrop for the equally atmospheric bars of his mic-rocking colleague. In fact, emcee Arowbe‘s bars are so laid-back that it’s easy to miss his off-the-wall imagery and intricate rhyme schemes: “Cop it bigger; why you nickel-bag, ain’t get it proper? / Get the yellow wagon with the rims the size of Bilbo Baggins / Keep a Swiffer Sweeper underneath the swivel seats / Swisher Sweets…” While Times Neue Roman’s self-titled debut studio album currently lacks a drop date, those digging this breezy tribute jam can keep it locked to our pages for further details, as well as all the latest tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Late Night Toronto" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.