Depending on how you look at it, the latest release in Timbaland‘s ongoing digital series is either too early or too late. On the one hand, it would have made a ton of sense to drop a record called “The Party Anthem” on New Year’s Eve. On the other hand, you’d expect a cut that’s part of Timbaland Thursdays to actually drop on Thursday. But I have a feeling fans will be able to look past the odd timing and enjoy this raucous ensemble jam, which features Mr. Mosley trading verses with longtime collaborator Missy Elliott and YMCMB general Lil Wayne over a backdrop of string loops and stuttering percussion. T-Pain lends his inimitable, Autotune-drenched vocals to the hook. In addition to tuning in each week for further Timbaland Thursdays entries, fans can watch our pages for further details on Elliott’s forthcoming seventh full-length, Block Party.
Written by richard on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)