Depending on how you look at it, the latest release in Timbaland‘s ongoing digital series is either too early or too late. On the one hand, it would have made a ton of sense to drop a record called “The Party Anthem” on New Year’s Eve. On the other hand, you’d expect a cut that’s part of Timbaland Thursdays to actually drop on Thursday. But I have a feeling fans will be able to look past the odd timing and enjoy this raucous ensemble jam, which features Mr. Mosley trading verses with longtime collaborator Missy Elliott and YMCMB general Lil Wayne over a backdrop of string loops and stuttering percussion. T-Pain lends his inimitable, Autotune-drenched vocals to the hook. In addition to tuning in each week for further Timbaland Thursdays entries, fans can watch our pages for further details on Elliott’s forthcoming seventh full-length, Block Party.
Written by richard on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.