Depending on how you look at it, the latest release in Timbaland‘s ongoing digital series is either too early or too late. On the one hand, it would have made a ton of sense to drop a record called “The Party Anthem” on New Year’s Eve. On the other hand, you’d expect a cut that’s part of Timbaland Thursdays to actually drop on Thursday. But I have a feeling fans will be able to look past the odd timing and enjoy this raucous ensemble jam, which features Mr. Mosley trading verses with longtime collaborator Missy Elliott and YMCMB general Lil Wayne over a backdrop of string loops and stuttering percussion. T-Pain lends his inimitable, Autotune-drenched vocals to the hook. In addition to tuning in each week for further Timbaland Thursdays entries, fans can watch our pages for further details on Elliott’s forthcoming seventh full-length, Block Party.
Written by richard on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.