Depending on how you look at it, the latest release in Timbaland‘s ongoing digital series is either too early or too late. On the one hand, it would have made a ton of sense to drop a record called “The Party Anthem” on New Year’s Eve. On the other hand, you’d expect a cut that’s part of Timbaland Thursdays to actually drop on Thursday. But I have a feeling fans will be able to look past the odd timing and enjoy this raucous ensemble jam, which features Mr. Mosley trading verses with longtime collaborator Missy Elliott and YMCMB general Lil Wayne over a backdrop of string loops and stuttering percussion. T-Pain lends his inimitable, Autotune-drenched vocals to the hook. In addition to tuning in each week for further Timbaland Thursdays entries, fans can watch our pages for further details on Elliott’s forthcoming seventh full-length, Block Party.
Written by richard on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.