Depending on how you look at it, the latest release in Timbaland‘s ongoing digital series is either too early or too late. On the one hand, it would have made a ton of sense to drop a record called “The Party Anthem” on New Year’s Eve. On the other hand, you’d expect a cut that’s part of Timbaland Thursdays to actually drop on Thursday. But I have a feeling fans will be able to look past the odd timing and enjoy this raucous ensemble jam, which features Mr. Mosley trading verses with longtime collaborator Missy Elliott and YMCMB general Lil Wayne over a backdrop of string loops and stuttering percussion. T-Pain lends his inimitable, Autotune-drenched vocals to the hook. In addition to tuning in each week for further Timbaland Thursdays entries, fans can watch our pages for further details on Elliott’s forthcoming seventh full-length, Block Party.
Written by richard on 01/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)