The underwhelming performance of Shock Value 2, along with that asinine “I’m done with hip-hop,” remark, may have left Timbaland with a little egg on his face going into 2010, but the veteran producer/rapper isn’t crawling back to listeners on his hands and knees; on the contrary, this newly-released cut finds the industry vet back in fighting form, ready to “Talk That sh*t” to anyone who’s gonna hate. Joining the headliner over a backdrop of layered synths and midtempo percussion (complete with background panting from Timbo), Miami’s Billy Blue makes his return to the Booth with a braggadocio-packed middle verse (Best line: “My wrist so bright, it need a scholarship.” I laughed, anyway) and T-Pain switches things up to address the shawtys on his (Auto-Tuned, of course) chorus, as well as stunting his way through a full verse on the back end. This club-friendly jam hasn’t been confirmed for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but it’s in the running for to appear on Billy Blue’s Story of My Life LP. Does it deserve to make the cut? As usual, I’ll let Booth readers have the final say.
Written by richard on 03/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.