The underwhelming performance of Shock Value 2, along with that asinine “I’m done with hip-hop,” remark, may have left Timbaland with a little egg on his face going into 2010, but the veteran producer/rapper isn’t crawling back to listeners on his hands and knees; on the contrary, this newly-released cut finds the industry vet back in fighting form, ready to “Talk That sh*t” to anyone who’s gonna hate. Joining the headliner over a backdrop of layered synths and midtempo percussion (complete with background panting from Timbo), Miami’s Billy Blue makes his return to the Booth with a braggadocio-packed middle verse (Best line: “My wrist so bright, it need a scholarship.” I laughed, anyway) and T-Pain switches things up to address the shawtys on his (Auto-Tuned, of course) chorus, as well as stunting his way through a full verse on the back end. This club-friendly jam hasn’t been confirmed for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but it’s in the running for to appear on Billy Blue’s Story of My Life LP. Does it deserve to make the cut? As usual, I’ll let Booth readers have the final say.
Written by richard on 03/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)