The underwhelming performance of Shock Value 2, along with that asinine “I’m done with hip-hop,” remark, may have left Timbaland with a little egg on his face going into 2010, but the veteran producer/rapper isn’t crawling back to listeners on his hands and knees; on the contrary, this newly-released cut finds the industry vet back in fighting form, ready to “Talk That sh*t” to anyone who’s gonna hate. Joining the headliner over a backdrop of layered synths and midtempo percussion (complete with background panting from Timbo), Miami’s Billy Blue makes his return to the Booth with a braggadocio-packed middle verse (Best line: “My wrist so bright, it need a scholarship.” I laughed, anyway) and T-Pain switches things up to address the shawtys on his (Auto-Tuned, of course) chorus, as well as stunting his way through a full verse on the back end. This club-friendly jam hasn’t been confirmed for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but it’s in the running for to appear on Billy Blue’s Story of My Life LP. Does it deserve to make the cut? As usual, I’ll let Booth readers have the final say.
Written by richard on 03/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.