The underwhelming performance of Shock Value 2, along with that asinine “I’m done with hip-hop,” remark, may have left Timbaland with a little egg on his face going into 2010, but the veteran producer/rapper isn’t crawling back to listeners on his hands and knees; on the contrary, this newly-released cut finds the industry vet back in fighting form, ready to “Talk That sh*t” to anyone who’s gonna hate. Joining the headliner over a backdrop of layered synths and midtempo percussion (complete with background panting from Timbo), Miami’s Billy Blue makes his return to the Booth with a braggadocio-packed middle verse (Best line: “My wrist so bright, it need a scholarship.” I laughed, anyway) and T-Pain switches things up to address the shawtys on his (Auto-Tuned, of course) chorus, as well as stunting his way through a full verse on the back end. This club-friendly jam hasn’t been confirmed for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but it’s in the running for to appear on Billy Blue’s Story of My Life LP. Does it deserve to make the cut? As usual, I’ll let Booth readers have the final say.
Written by richard on 03/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.