Remember when Timbaland said he was done with rap? Guess it wasn’t done with him. Last week, the heavyweight producer made his triumphant return with the inaugural entry in his Timbaland Thursdays series, the Missy Elliot-assisted Take Ur Clothes Off. Now, on follow-up Round the Way Tim, he picks up the mic to spit a few bars of his very own. Over an eccentrically fresh, beatbox-infused instrumental, he introduces listeners to the man he considers “the coolest n*gga in the galaxy.” The name of this dashing individual? You guessed it: Timbo. As expected, the verses come packed with everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the veteran producer, from his car of choice (he prefers Porsches), to what he’s got in his wallet (two AmEx Black cards and a new Visa White), to how he likes his women (uh… bowlegged). Self-indulgent? Yeah, kinda. Dope? That, my friends, is for you to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to check back next week, same bat time, same bat channel, for the next Timbaland Thursdays entry.
Written by richard on 01/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.