Remember when Timbaland said he was done with rap? Guess it wasn’t done with him. Last week, the heavyweight producer made his triumphant return with the inaugural entry in his Timbaland Thursdays series, the Missy Elliot-assisted Take Ur Clothes Off. Now, on follow-up Round the Way Tim, he picks up the mic to spit a few bars of his very own. Over an eccentrically fresh, beatbox-infused instrumental, he introduces listeners to the man he considers “the coolest n*gga in the galaxy.” The name of this dashing individual? You guessed it: Timbo. As expected, the verses come packed with everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the veteran producer, from his car of choice (he prefers Porsches), to what he’s got in his wallet (two AmEx Black cards and a new Visa White), to how he likes his women (uh… bowlegged). Self-indulgent? Yeah, kinda. Dope? That, my friends, is for you to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to check back next week, same bat time, same bat channel, for the next Timbaland Thursdays entry.
Written by richard on 01/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.