Remember when Timbaland said he was done with rap? Guess it wasn’t done with him. Last week, the heavyweight producer made his triumphant return with the inaugural entry in his Timbaland Thursdays series, the Missy Elliot-assisted Take Ur Clothes Off. Now, on follow-up Round the Way Tim, he picks up the mic to spit a few bars of his very own. Over an eccentrically fresh, beatbox-infused instrumental, he introduces listeners to the man he considers “the coolest n*gga in the galaxy.” The name of this dashing individual? You guessed it: Timbo. As expected, the verses come packed with everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the veteran producer, from his car of choice (he prefers Porsches), to what he’s got in his wallet (two AmEx Black cards and a new Visa White), to how he likes his women (uh… bowlegged). Self-indulgent? Yeah, kinda. Dope? That, my friends, is for you to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to check back next week, same bat time, same bat channel, for the next Timbaland Thursdays entry.
Written by richard on 01/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.