Remember when Timbaland said he was done with rap? Guess it wasn’t done with him. Last week, the heavyweight producer made his triumphant return with the inaugural entry in his Timbaland Thursdays series, the Missy Elliot-assisted Take Ur Clothes Off. Now, on follow-up Round the Way Tim, he picks up the mic to spit a few bars of his very own. Over an eccentrically fresh, beatbox-infused instrumental, he introduces listeners to the man he considers “the coolest n*gga in the galaxy.” The name of this dashing individual? You guessed it: Timbo. As expected, the verses come packed with everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the veteran producer, from his car of choice (he prefers Porsches), to what he’s got in his wallet (two AmEx Black cards and a new Visa White), to how he likes his women (uh… bowlegged). Self-indulgent? Yeah, kinda. Dope? That, my friends, is for you to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to check back next week, same bat time, same bat channel, for the next Timbaland Thursdays entry.
Written by richard on 01/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.