As a guy who struggled through 150 pages of the first volume of Stephanie Meyer’s popular vampire-romance saga in a valiant attempt to bond with my teenage sister, I can state with certainty that Twilight is one cultural phenomenon I will never, ever, ever understand. Superproducer Timbaland, on the other hand, apparently loves the novel/movie/marketing juggernaut so much that he’s used it as inspiration for the lead single off his forthcoming Shock Value 2 LP. Different strokes, I guess. Dreamy vampires aside, though, Morning After Dark has a lot going for it. As you’d expect, Timbo works magic behind the boards, serving up a percussion-driven groove that builds to an explosively catchy, synth-drenched chorus as he (with a little – OK, a lot of Auto-Tune help) and Mosely Music singer So Shy spit flirtatious game back and forth. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect more dancefloor-scorching beats and blazing-hot guest features on Nov. 24, when Timbo’s third solo album hits online retailers and record stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 10/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.