As a guy who struggled through 150 pages of the first volume of Stephanie Meyer’s popular vampire-romance saga in a valiant attempt to bond with my teenage sister, I can state with certainty that Twilight is one cultural phenomenon I will never, ever, ever understand. Superproducer Timbaland, on the other hand, apparently loves the novel/movie/marketing juggernaut so much that he’s used it as inspiration for the lead single off his forthcoming Shock Value 2 LP. Different strokes, I guess. Dreamy vampires aside, though, Morning After Dark has a lot going for it. As you’d expect, Timbo works magic behind the boards, serving up a percussion-driven groove that builds to an explosively catchy, synth-drenched chorus as he (with a little – OK, a lot of Auto-Tune help) and Mosely Music singer So Shy spit flirtatious game back and forth. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect more dancefloor-scorching beats and blazing-hot guest features on Nov. 24, when Timbo’s third solo album hits online retailers and record stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 10/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.