As a guy who struggled through 150 pages of the first volume of Stephanie Meyer’s popular vampire-romance saga in a valiant attempt to bond with my teenage sister, I can state with certainty that Twilight is one cultural phenomenon I will never, ever, ever understand. Superproducer Timbaland, on the other hand, apparently loves the novel/movie/marketing juggernaut so much that he’s used it as inspiration for the lead single off his forthcoming Shock Value 2 LP. Different strokes, I guess. Dreamy vampires aside, though, Morning After Dark has a lot going for it. As you’d expect, Timbo works magic behind the boards, serving up a percussion-driven groove that builds to an explosively catchy, synth-drenched chorus as he (with a little – OK, a lot of Auto-Tune help) and Mosely Music singer So Shy spit flirtatious game back and forth. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect more dancefloor-scorching beats and blazing-hot guest features on Nov. 24, when Timbo’s third solo album hits online retailers and record stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 10/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.