As a guy who struggled through 150 pages of the first volume of Stephanie Meyer’s popular vampire-romance saga in a valiant attempt to bond with my teenage sister, I can state with certainty that Twilight is one cultural phenomenon I will never, ever, ever understand. Superproducer Timbaland, on the other hand, apparently loves the novel/movie/marketing juggernaut so much that he’s used it as inspiration for the lead single off his forthcoming Shock Value 2 LP. Different strokes, I guess. Dreamy vampires aside, though, Morning After Dark has a lot going for it. As you’d expect, Timbo works magic behind the boards, serving up a percussion-driven groove that builds to an explosively catchy, synth-drenched chorus as he (with a little – OK, a lot of Auto-Tune help) and Mosely Music singer So Shy spit flirtatious game back and forth. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect more dancefloor-scorching beats and blazing-hot guest features on Nov. 24, when Timbo’s third solo album hits online retailers and record stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 10/18/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.