Successful female solo artists are a dying breed, but if there is one man who can revitalize women in today’s music industry, it’s Timbaland. Personally responsible for the successful careers of the late Aaliyah, Missy Elliot and Nelly Furtado, Timbo (along with longtime protégée Danja) is trying his hand once again with a new pair of talented female singers. On the fifth (and final) single, Scream, from the almost-platinum Shock Value, Timbaland re-introduces Keri Hilson (The Way I Are) and helps out label mate Nicole Scherzinger. Both ladies put on quite a show, clearly trying to out do one another, but the real star once again is the song’s producer. Let’s face it, Timbaland could release an instrumental track to radio and get spins.
Written by DJ Z on 12/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.