Successful female solo artists are a dying breed, but if there is one man who can revitalize women in today’s music industry, it’s Timbaland. Personally responsible for the successful careers of the late Aaliyah, Missy Elliot and Nelly Furtado, Timbo (along with longtime protégée Danja) is trying his hand once again with a new pair of talented female singers. On the fifth (and final) single, Scream, from the almost-platinum Shock Value, Timbaland re-introduces Keri Hilson (The Way I Are) and helps out label mate Nicole Scherzinger. Both ladies put on quite a show, clearly trying to out do one another, but the real star once again is the song’s producer. Let’s face it, Timbaland could release an instrumental track to radio and get spins.
Written by DJ Z on 12/3/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.