Successful female solo artists are a dying breed, but if there is one man who can revitalize women in today’s music industry, it’s Timbaland. Personally responsible for the successful careers of the late Aaliyah, Missy Elliot and Nelly Furtado, Timbo (along with longtime protégée Danja) is trying his hand once again with a new pair of talented female singers. On the fifth (and final) single, Scream, from the almost-platinum Shock Value, Timbaland re-introduces Keri Hilson (The Way I Are) and helps out label mate Nicole Scherzinger. Both ladies put on quite a show, clearly trying to out do one another, but the real star once again is the song’s producer. Let’s face it, Timbaland could release an instrumental track to radio and get spins.
Written by DJ Z on 12/3/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.