Successful female solo artists are a dying breed, but if there is one man who can revitalize women in today’s music industry, it’s Timbaland. Personally responsible for the successful careers of the late Aaliyah, Missy Elliot and Nelly Furtado, Timbo (along with longtime protégée Danja) is trying his hand once again with a new pair of talented female singers. On the fifth (and final) single, Scream, from the almost-platinum Shock Value, Timbaland re-introduces Keri Hilson (The Way I Are) and helps out label mate Nicole Scherzinger. Both ladies put on quite a show, clearly trying to out do one another, but the real star once again is the song’s producer. Let’s face it, Timbaland could release an instrumental track to radio and get spins.
Written by DJ Z on 12/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.