Successful female solo artists are a dying breed, but if there is one man who can revitalize women in today’s music industry, it’s Timbaland. Personally responsible for the successful careers of the late Aaliyah, Missy Elliot and Nelly Furtado, Timbo (along with longtime protégée Danja) is trying his hand once again with a new pair of talented female singers. On the fifth (and final) single, Scream, from the almost-platinum Shock Value, Timbaland re-introduces Keri Hilson (The Way I Are) and helps out label mate Nicole Scherzinger. Both ladies put on quite a show, clearly trying to out do one another, but the real star once again is the song’s producer. Let’s face it, Timbaland could release an instrumental track to radio and get spins.
Written by DJ Z on 12/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.