We all know at least one person with a tendency to get lost in the sauce, and what better way to let a friend know that he or she has a drinking problem than in song? Actually, I can think of quite a few more appropriate choices – an intervention, a simple heart-to-heart conversation – but, if you’re dead-set on taking the passive-aggressive, musical route, the next time you and said individual head out to the local spot just put in a request for Ease Off the Liquor, the latest single off Timbaland‘s Shock Value 2 LP. Here, Timbo and Morning After Dark singer SoShy rejoin forces to act out a scenario that we’ve all experienced at one time or another: he thinks she’s had too many and wants to leave the club, she insists she’s stone sober while stumbling and removing articles of clothing. Pro-moderation theme aside, Timbo’s synth-scorching boardwork should set the dancefloor ablaze wherever this record’s spun, and the unexpected shift into flamenco on the back end is just plain cool. ST2 is set to hit stores and online retailers December 8 – listen responsibly!
Written by richard on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.