We all know at least one person with a tendency to get lost in the sauce, and what better way to let a friend know that he or she has a drinking problem than in song? Actually, I can think of quite a few more appropriate choices – an intervention, a simple heart-to-heart conversation – but, if you’re dead-set on taking the passive-aggressive, musical route, the next time you and said individual head out to the local spot just put in a request for Ease Off the Liquor, the latest single off Timbaland‘s Shock Value 2 LP. Here, Timbo and Morning After Dark singer SoShy rejoin forces to act out a scenario that we’ve all experienced at one time or another: he thinks she’s had too many and wants to leave the club, she insists she’s stone sober while stumbling and removing articles of clothing. Pro-moderation theme aside, Timbo’s synth-scorching boardwork should set the dancefloor ablaze wherever this record’s spun, and the unexpected shift into flamenco on the back end is just plain cool. ST2 is set to hit stores and online retailers December 8 – listen responsibly!
Written by richard on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.