We all know at least one person with a tendency to get lost in the sauce, and what better way to let a friend know that he or she has a drinking problem than in song? Actually, I can think of quite a few more appropriate choices – an intervention, a simple heart-to-heart conversation – but, if you’re dead-set on taking the passive-aggressive, musical route, the next time you and said individual head out to the local spot just put in a request for Ease Off the Liquor, the latest single off Timbaland‘s Shock Value 2 LP. Here, Timbo and Morning After Dark singer SoShy rejoin forces to act out a scenario that we’ve all experienced at one time or another: he thinks she’s had too many and wants to leave the club, she insists she’s stone sober while stumbling and removing articles of clothing. Pro-moderation theme aside, Timbo’s synth-scorching boardwork should set the dancefloor ablaze wherever this record’s spun, and the unexpected shift into flamenco on the back end is just plain cool. ST2 is set to hit stores and online retailers December 8 – listen responsibly!
Written by richard on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.