We all know at least one person with a tendency to get lost in the sauce, and what better way to let a friend know that he or she has a drinking problem than in song? Actually, I can think of quite a few more appropriate choices – an intervention, a simple heart-to-heart conversation – but, if you’re dead-set on taking the passive-aggressive, musical route, the next time you and said individual head out to the local spot just put in a request for Ease Off the Liquor, the latest single off Timbaland‘s Shock Value 2 LP. Here, Timbo and Morning After Dark singer SoShy rejoin forces to act out a scenario that we’ve all experienced at one time or another: he thinks she’s had too many and wants to leave the club, she insists she’s stone sober while stumbling and removing articles of clothing. Pro-moderation theme aside, Timbo’s synth-scorching boardwork should set the dancefloor ablaze wherever this record’s spun, and the unexpected shift into flamenco on the back end is just plain cool. ST2 is set to hit stores and online retailers December 8 – listen responsibly!
Written by richard on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.