Ever have that moment when every musical bone in your body tell you to not like a record, but your heart decides different? When you’re reminded why creativity still trumps all when it comes to music? Enter former touring keyboardist Tim William and his new single Pulp Fiction, featuring NY natives Julian Stephen and The Kid Daytona, alongside Chi-Town’s Mic Terror. This drum heavy, slow flowing, synth filled single initially turned me off, but about midway through, what I believe Tim was shooting for kicked in; a song with popular content, yet with very creative and unusual elements. Throw in a catchy, industry friendly hook and you’ve got a song that can impress even the hardest of hardcore Hip Hop heads (like me). If you’re interested in finding out more of what got me out of my underground bubble for about five minutes today, look out for Tim William’s upcoming, currently untitled project, due out in the fall.
Written by WriterJones on 07/19/12
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.