One of the highlights of a recent trip to Memphis was getting to go to the Civil Rights Museum, located in the hotel where Martin Luther King was assassinated. Since my visit, the movement, King and race have been at the forefront of my mind. Reading my thoughts, Booth newcomer Tigo B. makes his debut on our pages with Real N*ggas. The title may suggest a “gangsta”-type record, but it is anything but. Over a simple yet effective Nubreedz beat (peppered with samples from some of the movement’s most important figures), Tigo engages us with some deep, thought-provoking bars. He even does some soulful crooning for good measure. For more from this intelligent emcee, check out his Rise: A Gemini Story project, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.