One of the highlights of a recent trip to Memphis was getting to go to the Civil Rights Museum, located in the hotel where Martin Luther King was assassinated. Since my visit, the movement, King and race have been at the forefront of my mind. Reading my thoughts, Booth newcomer Tigo B. makes his debut on our pages with Real N*ggas. The title may suggest a “gangsta”-type record, but it is anything but. Over a simple yet effective Nubreedz beat (peppered with samples from some of the movement’s most important figures), Tigo engages us with some deep, thought-provoking bars. He even does some soulful crooning for good measure. For more from this intelligent emcee, check out his Rise: A Gemini Story project, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.