Seeing the name Ciara and a song with “Promise” in the title gives a slight sense of déjà vu, but upon looking again, you’ll see that the track is entitled Promise Ring and is performed by up-and-coming singer Tiffany Evans. This 13-year-old could fool you with her adult-like vocals (and looks with the help of makeup) but with a song about something as innocent as a promise ring, she shows her true age. Since age is only but a number, it doesn’t slow her down as she carries most of the weight on this song (Ciara doesn’t even have her own verse) and has you rocking to the Mr. Collipark-produced beat. The title of the upcoming album has yet to be announced, but its fall release date is sure to have fans, younger and older, plenty excited.
Written by Angela on 05/11/07
Submit your Rating
Live Love Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Grown ft. Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.