Seeing the name Ciara and a song with “Promise” in the title gives a slight sense of déjà vu, but upon looking again, you’ll see that the track is entitled Promise Ring and is performed by up-and-coming singer Tiffany Evans. This 13-year-old could fool you with her adult-like vocals (and looks with the help of makeup) but with a song about something as innocent as a promise ring, she shows her true age. Since age is only but a number, it doesn’t slow her down as she carries most of the weight on this song (Ciara doesn’t even have her own verse) and has you rocking to the Mr. Collipark-produced beat. The title of the upcoming album has yet to be announced, but its fall release date is sure to have fans, younger and older, plenty excited.
Written by Angela on 05/11/07
Submit your Rating
Live Love Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Grown ft. Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.