Talk about a lousy way to start the day. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the latest record (and first feature) from Tiffany Dunn begins with the rising pop songstress waking up to a ringing iPhone, which she fumbles, resulting in a cracked screen – and, to add insult to injury, the call is from a girlfriend who spotted her new man at the local nightspot with another chick. Never underestimate the power of a positive attitude, though; rather than feeling sorry for herself, she takes a more positive, philosophical view of her troubles: “At the end of the day, you got the last laugh, but I bet you I’ma be OK!” Backed by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins’ infectiously bouncy beat, driven by electric guitar and 8-bit synths (shades of Ke$ha?), the singer tells that unfaithful fella exactly how she feels, expressing her disappointment in his actions but leaving no doubt that, ultimately, it’s his loss. Time for the obvious question: is this joint merely OK, or is it a certified banger? If you choose the latter, keep your browsers locked you-know-where for more from this talented up-and-comer!
Written by richard on 09/9/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.