Talk about a lousy way to start the day. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the latest record (and first feature) from Tiffany Dunn begins with the rising pop songstress waking up to a ringing iPhone, which she fumbles, resulting in a cracked screen – and, to add insult to injury, the call is from a girlfriend who spotted her new man at the local nightspot with another chick. Never underestimate the power of a positive attitude, though; rather than feeling sorry for herself, she takes a more positive, philosophical view of her troubles: “At the end of the day, you got the last laugh, but I bet you I’ma be OK!” Backed by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins’ infectiously bouncy beat, driven by electric guitar and 8-bit synths (shades of Ke$ha?), the singer tells that unfaithful fella exactly how she feels, expressing her disappointment in his actions but leaving no doubt that, ultimately, it’s his loss. Time for the obvious question: is this joint merely OK, or is it a certified banger? If you choose the latter, keep your browsers locked you-know-where for more from this talented up-and-comer!
Written by richard on 09/9/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)