If you’re not directly plugged into the Northeastern scene, then there’s a good chance your answer to the question posed on Tidus’ Booth debut, “[Do you] Know Who We Are” may be “Um, no.” So allow me to enlighten you: he’s an NYC rapper/producer/singer with an innovative sound, he owns at least one pair of Ray-Bans and, despite what the title suggests, he appears to be a single person. Now that introductions are out of the way… this moody single finds the artist showing off the full range of his talents as he undertakes a blunted expedition into the deepest corners of his psyche. Backed by his own slow-burning synth boardwork, Tidus strikes out in search of cosmic wisdom: “I reside in the temple where the knowledge is / Smokin’ on the same sh*t Aristotle did / I’m a philosopher, pissin’ on you gossipers.” (To be honest, Aristotle, never struck me as the smoking type. Xenophon, on the other hand…). To top it all off, he laces the chorus with his haunting, reverb-drenched vocals. Digging it? More headphone-ready freshness awaits on Absolute Elsewhere, released earlier this year and available here for free download.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.