If you’re not directly plugged into the Northeastern scene, then there’s a good chance your answer to the question posed on Tidus’ Booth debut, “[Do you] Know Who We Are” may be “Um, no.” So allow me to enlighten you: he’s an NYC rapper/producer/singer with an innovative sound, he owns at least one pair of Ray-Bans and, despite what the title suggests, he appears to be a single person. Now that introductions are out of the way… this moody single finds the artist showing off the full range of his talents as he undertakes a blunted expedition into the deepest corners of his psyche. Backed by his own slow-burning synth boardwork, Tidus strikes out in search of cosmic wisdom: “I reside in the temple where the knowledge is / Smokin’ on the same sh*t Aristotle did / I’m a philosopher, pissin’ on you gossipers.” (To be honest, Aristotle, never struck me as the smoking type. Xenophon, on the other hand…). To top it all off, he laces the chorus with his haunting, reverb-drenched vocals. Digging it? More headphone-ready freshness awaits on Absolute Elsewhere, released earlier this year and available here for free download.
Written by richard on 08/18/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.