If you’re not directly plugged into the Northeastern scene, then there’s a good chance your answer to the question posed on Tidus’ Booth debut, “[Do you] Know Who We Are” may be “Um, no.” So allow me to enlighten you: he’s an NYC rapper/producer/singer with an innovative sound, he owns at least one pair of Ray-Bans and, despite what the title suggests, he appears to be a single person. Now that introductions are out of the way… this moody single finds the artist showing off the full range of his talents as he undertakes a blunted expedition into the deepest corners of his psyche. Backed by his own slow-burning synth boardwork, Tidus strikes out in search of cosmic wisdom: “I reside in the temple where the knowledge is / Smokin’ on the same sh*t Aristotle did / I’m a philosopher, pissin’ on you gossipers.” (To be honest, Aristotle, never struck me as the smoking type. Xenophon, on the other hand…). To top it all off, he laces the chorus with his haunting, reverb-drenched vocals. Digging it? More headphone-ready freshness awaits on Absolute Elsewhere, released earlier this year and available here for free download.
Written by richard on 08/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)