Not glimpsed in The DJBooth since August 2011, when he introduced himself with philosophically-inclined promo joint Know Who We Are, TiDUS makes his grand re-entrance with freshly-minted video single Delancey. Named after one of the main thoroughfares in Manhattan’s Lower East Side, the record showcases the NYC rhymesayer’s skills on both sides of the boards; over his own driving four-on-the-floor percussion and low-key synths, TiDUS delivers engagingly-flowed verses depicting the ins and outs of his paper chase. As if that weren’t enough, he hooks up with director Ursula Mann to create an official video documenting a journey via skateboard through Manhattan during the recent, historic blackout. This promo cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can stay tuned for all the latest from the Northeastern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.