Not glimpsed in The DJBooth since August 2011, when he introduced himself with philosophically-inclined promo joint Know Who We Are, TiDUS makes his grand re-entrance with freshly-minted video single Delancey. Named after one of the main thoroughfares in Manhattan’s Lower East Side, the record showcases the NYC rhymesayer’s skills on both sides of the boards; over his own driving four-on-the-floor percussion and low-key synths, TiDUS delivers engagingly-flowed verses depicting the ins and outs of his paper chase. As if that weren’t enough, he hooks up with director Ursula Mann to create an official video documenting a journey via skateboard through Manhattan during the recent, historic blackout. This promo cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can stay tuned for all the latest from the Northeastern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.