Not glimpsed in The DJBooth since August 2011, when he introduced himself with philosophically-inclined promo joint Know Who We Are, TiDUS makes his grand re-entrance with freshly-minted video single Delancey. Named after one of the main thoroughfares in Manhattan’s Lower East Side, the record showcases the NYC rhymesayer’s skills on both sides of the boards; over his own driving four-on-the-floor percussion and low-key synths, TiDUS delivers engagingly-flowed verses depicting the ins and outs of his paper chase. As if that weren’t enough, he hooks up with director Ursula Mann to create an official video documenting a journey via skateboard through Manhattan during the recent, historic blackout. This promo cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can stay tuned for all the latest from the Northeastern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.