It’s been a hot minute since last we heard from TiDUS; the Northeastern buzzmaker’s last feature, Delancey, hit our front page way back in fall of 2012. While readers will be happy to hear that he’s returned to our pages, the timing is a little unfortunate. The rapper/producer’s latest single heralds the Apocalypse, which will presumably decrease our chances of enjoying any fresh tunes in the future. In any case, the record is an appropriately thrilling sendoff for planet Earth. Here, TiDUS showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, tough-talking his competition and flaunting the massive size of his blunts over his own bruising, ratchet-informed beat. In the accompanying visuals, directors Pace Rivers and RUFFMERCY make creative use of digital distortion. Feeling it? Then be sure to take a listen to the artist’s New Age LP (out now on iTunes) before his end-of-the-world prophecies come to pass.
Written by richard on 01/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.