Tiara Thomas is dope! But since you’ve (most likely) already heard Wale’s hit, Bad, as well as her last DJBooth feature, 4 Dolla Bill, you’re probably saying to yourself, Tell Me Something I don’t know. For those still not hip to the game, or our pages, consider this your final call to hop on Thomas’ train. On her latest effort, the Division 1/Interscope signee delivers a middle-finger-to-the-haters anthem unlike you’ve heard before. Producers Supa Dups and Nineteen85 collide behind the board, creating a creamy production that is centered around an airy acoustic guitar. These elements give the cut an authentic, R&B/love song vibe that doesn’t feel forced. Tiara’s feathery vocals glide atop the beat, which oozes a veteran’s classic tone, but it is her lyrical performance, denouncing “phony b*tches,” that makes this more than you typical R&B jam. So, Tell Me Something—will you be grabbing Thomas’ Dear Sallie Mae EP when it drops later this year?
Written by Lucas G. on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.