Tiara Thomas is dope! But since you’ve (most likely) already heard Wale’s hit, Bad, as well as her last DJBooth feature, 4 Dolla Bill, you’re probably saying to yourself, Tell Me Something I don’t know. For those still not hip to the game, or our pages, consider this your final call to hop on Thomas’ train. On her latest effort, the Division 1/Interscope signee delivers a middle-finger-to-the-haters anthem unlike you’ve heard before. Producers Supa Dups and Nineteen85 collide behind the board, creating a creamy production that is centered around an airy acoustic guitar. These elements give the cut an authentic, R&B/love song vibe that doesn’t feel forced. Tiara’s feathery vocals glide atop the beat, which oozes a veteran’s classic tone, but it is her lyrical performance, denouncing “phony b*tches,” that makes this more than you typical R&B jam. So, Tell Me Something—will you be grabbing Thomas’ Dear Sallie Mae EP when it drops later this year?
Written by Lucas G. on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.