Tiara Thomas is dope! But since you’ve (most likely) already heard Wale’s hit, Bad, as well as her last DJBooth feature, 4 Dolla Bill, you’re probably saying to yourself, Tell Me Something I don’t know. For those still not hip to the game, or our pages, consider this your final call to hop on Thomas’ train. On her latest effort, the Division 1/Interscope signee delivers a middle-finger-to-the-haters anthem unlike you’ve heard before. Producers Supa Dups and Nineteen85 collide behind the board, creating a creamy production that is centered around an airy acoustic guitar. These elements give the cut an authentic, R&B/love song vibe that doesn’t feel forced. Tiara’s feathery vocals glide atop the beat, which oozes a veteran’s classic tone, but it is her lyrical performance, denouncing “phony b*tches,” that makes this more than you typical R&B jam. So, Tell Me Something—will you be grabbing Thomas’ Dear Sallie Mae EP when it drops later this year?
Written by Lucas G. on 08/23/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.