Tiara Thomas is dope! But since you’ve (most likely) already heard Wale’s hit, Bad, as well as her last DJBooth feature, 4 Dolla Bill, you’re probably saying to yourself, Tell Me Something I don’t know. For those still not hip to the game, or our pages, consider this your final call to hop on Thomas’ train. On her latest effort, the Division 1/Interscope signee delivers a middle-finger-to-the-haters anthem unlike you’ve heard before. Producers Supa Dups and Nineteen85 collide behind the board, creating a creamy production that is centered around an airy acoustic guitar. These elements give the cut an authentic, R&B/love song vibe that doesn’t feel forced. Tiara’s feathery vocals glide atop the beat, which oozes a veteran’s classic tone, but it is her lyrical performance, denouncing “phony b*tches,” that makes this more than you typical R&B jam. So, Tell Me Something—will you be grabbing Thomas’ Dear Sallie Mae EP when it drops later this year?
Written by Lucas G. on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.