As a woman doing it big in the music game, Tiara Thomas is inevitably the recipient of hate from jealous females. But she’s not sweating it. On her latest single and debut solo feature, the Bad hookwoman dismisses her detractors by way of a catchy metaphor: “Call ‘em Four Dolla Bill hoes, ‘cause these b**ches not real.” (Since I know you’re all burning with curiosity, that’s not entirely accurate: according to my Google research, $4 bank notes were printed in the Confederate states, and Canada also issued them from 1882 to 1902). As she asserts her dominance, Tiara provides evidence of her versatility on the mic, switching fluently between sung vocals and speedy rapped flows over label boss Rico Love‘s club-ready synth/sample production. Dear Sallie Mae has yet to receive a drop date from the Division I/Geffen A&M brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details and fresh singles as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.