As a woman doing it big in the music game, Tiara Thomas is inevitably the recipient of hate from jealous females. But she’s not sweating it. On her latest single and debut solo feature, the Bad hookwoman dismisses her detractors by way of a catchy metaphor: “Call ‘em Four Dolla Bill hoes, ‘cause these b**ches not real.” (Since I know you’re all burning with curiosity, that’s not entirely accurate: according to my Google research, $4 bank notes were printed in the Confederate states, and Canada also issued them from 1882 to 1902). As she asserts her dominance, Tiara provides evidence of her versatility on the mic, switching fluently between sung vocals and speedy rapped flows over label boss Rico Love‘s club-ready synth/sample production. Dear Sallie Mae has yet to receive a drop date from the Division I/Geffen A&M brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details and fresh singles as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.