As a woman doing it big in the music game, Tiara Thomas is inevitably the recipient of hate from jealous females. But she’s not sweating it. On her latest single and debut solo feature, the Bad hookwoman dismisses her detractors by way of a catchy metaphor: “Call ‘em Four Dolla Bill hoes, ‘cause these b**ches not real.” (Since I know you’re all burning with curiosity, that’s not entirely accurate: according to my Google research, $4 bank notes were printed in the Confederate states, and Canada also issued them from 1882 to 1902). As she asserts her dominance, Tiara provides evidence of her versatility on the mic, switching fluently between sung vocals and speedy rapped flows over label boss Rico Love‘s club-ready synth/sample production. Dear Sallie Mae has yet to receive a drop date from the Division I/Geffen A&M brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details and fresh singles as they emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.