With the upcoming release of his new album King Uncaged in a little more than a month, T.I. has already brought us a mixtape of hits and a couple of singles from the album. His latest effort Ya Hear Me, takes on a catch phrase from the beloved Verizon wireless man (kind of) and flips it into a dope hip-hop joint. So the question remains, “Can we hear him now?” The beat, produced by Grand Hustle in-house boardsmith Keith Mack, features a smooth guitar, as well as a slinking bassline, which catches your attention right away. With a final touch of some organs, the beat ultimately becomes the smooth southern head bobbin’ sound that I feel T.I. has been missing for quite some time. Lyrically T.I. doesn’t really disappoint, although some lines like “leave a n*gga drippin like a sippy cup,” makes you give the side eye. While the hook seems to ask “can you hear me now?”, TIP isn’t really asking, he’s demanding. So Booth fans, are you digging what you’re hearing? King Uncaged is set to roar on August 17.
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.