With the upcoming release of his new album King Uncaged in a little more than a month, T.I. has already brought us a mixtape of hits and a couple of singles from the album. His latest effort Ya Hear Me, takes on a catch phrase from the beloved Verizon wireless man (kind of) and flips it into a dope hip-hop joint. So the question remains, “Can we hear him now?” The beat, produced by Grand Hustle in-house boardsmith Keith Mack, features a smooth guitar, as well as a slinking bassline, which catches your attention right away. With a final touch of some organs, the beat ultimately becomes the smooth southern head bobbin’ sound that I feel T.I. has been missing for quite some time. Lyrically T.I. doesn’t really disappoint, although some lines like “leave a n*gga drippin like a sippy cup,” makes you give the side eye. While the hook seems to ask “can you hear me now?”, TIP isn’t really asking, he’s demanding. So Booth fans, are you digging what you’re hearing? King Uncaged is set to roar on August 17.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.