With the upcoming release of his new album King Uncaged in a little more than a month, T.I. has already brought us a mixtape of hits and a couple of singles from the album. His latest effort Ya Hear Me, takes on a catch phrase from the beloved Verizon wireless man (kind of) and flips it into a dope hip-hop joint. So the question remains, “Can we hear him now?” The beat, produced by Grand Hustle in-house boardsmith Keith Mack, features a smooth guitar, as well as a slinking bassline, which catches your attention right away. With a final touch of some organs, the beat ultimately becomes the smooth southern head bobbin’ sound that I feel T.I. has been missing for quite some time. Lyrically T.I. doesn’t really disappoint, although some lines like “leave a n*gga drippin like a sippy cup,” makes you give the side eye. While the hook seems to ask “can you hear me now?”, TIP isn’t really asking, he’s demanding. So Booth fans, are you digging what you’re hearing? King Uncaged is set to roar on August 17.
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.