With the upcoming release of his new album King Uncaged in a little more than a month, T.I. has already brought us a mixtape of hits and a couple of singles from the album. His latest effort Ya Hear Me, takes on a catch phrase from the beloved Verizon wireless man (kind of) and flips it into a dope hip-hop joint. So the question remains, “Can we hear him now?” The beat, produced by Grand Hustle in-house boardsmith Keith Mack, features a smooth guitar, as well as a slinking bassline, which catches your attention right away. With a final touch of some organs, the beat ultimately becomes the smooth southern head bobbin’ sound that I feel T.I. has been missing for quite some time. Lyrically T.I. doesn’t really disappoint, although some lines like “leave a n*gga drippin like a sippy cup,” makes you give the side eye. While the hook seems to ask “can you hear me now?”, TIP isn’t really asking, he’s demanding. So Booth fans, are you digging what you’re hearing? King Uncaged is set to roar on August 17.
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.