Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Earlier this year, T.I. added his name to the growing list of major-label expatriates, taking advantage of the expiration of his decade-long contract with Atlantic Records to sign with independent label EMPIRE through his own Hustle Gang Records. Despite going the indie route, the ATL heavyweight’s still doing it as big as ever, as he proves with his first official single since the move. Released along with visuals (going live Monday evening) by an as yet-unknown director, Wit Me finds Tip exhibiting his usual mastery of the mic as he boasts about the fearsome, tightly-knit crew surrounding him. Joining the headliner over Lil C‘s springy street boardwork, Weezy lends his trademark wordplay to verses one and three. Is Wit Me a fortuitous beginning to this latest chapter in Clifford Harris’ career? Debate away—and, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.