DJ Mick Boogie hit us off with a tasty remix of T.I.‘s most recent single of the King album, “Why You Wanna”. When myself as well as many other people heard hook on the original track it reminded them of Q-Tip and Mick decided to incorporate him into his remix. Although the beat is virtually unchanged, the remix flawlessly blends Q-Tip into the hook as well as a short verse near the middle of the song.
The original was straight fire, but Id take Mick Boogie’s remix over it any day. The addition of Q-Tip adds a much needed extra voice to the track. I think this song could be a bigger hit than “What You Know” and a DJ could really spice us the set by dropping the remix as opposed to the original. Its definately the type of track that will have people asking “Yoooo, Where you get that remix?”
Be sure to check out Mick Boogie at www.mickboogie.com
Written by d mac on 05/31/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.