DJ Mick Boogie hit us off with a tasty remix of T.I.‘s most recent single off the King album, Why You Wanna. When you hear the hook on the original version, you will understand why Mick incorporated Q-Tip into his remix. Although the beat is virtually unchanged, the remix flawlessly blends Q-Tip into the hook as well as a short verse near the middle of the song.
The original was straight fire, but I’d take Mick Boogie’s remix over it any day. The addition of Q-Tip adds a much needed extra voice to the track. I think this song could be a bigger hit than “What You Know” and a DJ could really spice us the set by dropping the remix as opposed to the original. Its definitely the type of track that will have people asking “Yoooo, where you get that remix?”
Written by d mac on 05/31/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)