DJ Mick Boogie hit us off with a tasty remix of T.I.‘s most recent single off the King album, Why You Wanna. When you hear the hook on the original version, you will understand why Mick incorporated Q-Tip into his remix. Although the beat is virtually unchanged, the remix flawlessly blends Q-Tip into the hook as well as a short verse near the middle of the song.
The original was straight fire, but I’d take Mick Boogie’s remix over it any day. The addition of Q-Tip adds a much needed extra voice to the track. I think this song could be a bigger hit than “What You Know” and a DJ could really spice us the set by dropping the remix as opposed to the original. Its definitely the type of track that will have people asking “Yoooo, where you get that remix?”
Written by d mac on 05/31/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.