DJ Mick Boogie hit us off with a tasty remix of T.I.‘s most recent single off the King album, Why You Wanna. When you hear the hook on the original version, you will understand why Mick incorporated Q-Tip into his remix. Although the beat is virtually unchanged, the remix flawlessly blends Q-Tip into the hook as well as a short verse near the middle of the song.
The original was straight fire, but I’d take Mick Boogie’s remix over it any day. The addition of Q-Tip adds a much needed extra voice to the track. I think this song could be a bigger hit than “What You Know” and a DJ could really spice us the set by dropping the remix as opposed to the original. Its definitely the type of track that will have people asking “Yoooo, where you get that remix?”
Written by d mac on 05/31/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.