Evidently, rapper T.I. is no longer interested in swinging his rag around the clubs. After releasing the Swizz Beatz-produced song several weeks ago, his label, Atlantic Records, has switched gears and had instead chosen to roll with the Jim Jonsin-produced Whatever You Like. On the new single, TIP reminds all of his ladies that their wishes are his command; shots of Patron, brand new jewelry, a ride in his jet – there is nothing this man cannot provide! Despite a lack of lyrical creativity, and a bouncy beat from Jonsin resembling several past T.I. singles, the ATL icon seems to be sitting pretty as far as radio play should be concerned. T.I.‘s new album, Paper Trail, which was originally due in mid-August, is currently scheduled for release on September 30.
Written by DJ Z on 07/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.