Aside from a random Rocko collab, T.I.’s new album has been shaping up to be pretty good. Actually, better than good. Last week we heard his Booth approved collaboration with Eminem, All She Wrote, and this time around Kanye West and Kid Cudi assist the King of the South on Welcome to the World. On the beat West and No I.D. set a dark atmosphere with a menacing bass line and unsettling piano loop a la Dr. Dre, but with that staccato placement Mr. Harris customarily spits over. His verse is full of stuttering flows and the cleverly worded threats that we’re used to hearing from him, while Kanye’s hook and verse address the shallow and naïve nature of the biz, and how many rappers fall victims to it. And there’s Cudi, who does his typical tenor chanting thing that I could frankly take or leave. Overall, this is the crack music ‘Ye spoke of on Late Registration, and maybe, just maybe we can get a classic out of Tip with the release of No Mercy on December 7. Hopefully, that will be motivation for him to really get his life together.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 11/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.