Had T.I.’s new single Pledge Allegiance to the Swag dropped just 48 hours ago this intro would have been completely different, but unfortunately I now have no choice but to write it in the context of Tip’s recent arrest in L.A. for drug possession (according to the L.A. Times, allegedly marijuana and ecstasy), a charge that, if convicted, could land him back in prison for years. So yeah…um…how ‘bout this Pledge Allegiance? It’s a banger, huh? Running nearly eight solid minutes, Allegiance features yet another epic J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League beat, a verse from Rick Ross that’s at the very least memorable (Monster this isn’t) and, of course, the kind of signature swag flows that T.I. helped invent, and still does better than anyone else. God I wish we were able to just focus on the music for this one, Pledge Allegiance deserves it, but T.I. and the West Hollywood sheriff’s department obviously had other ideas. It’s far too early to knows how the arrest will affect the release date of T.I.’s suddenly ironically titled King Uncaged album. You’ll just have to keep it locked for more details as they develop.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.