Had T.I.’s new single Pledge Allegiance to the Swag dropped just 48 hours ago this intro would have been completely different, but unfortunately I now have no choice but to write it in the context of Tip’s recent arrest in L.A. for drug possession (according to the L.A. Times, allegedly marijuana and ecstasy), a charge that, if convicted, could land him back in prison for years. So yeah…um…how ‘bout this Pledge Allegiance? It’s a banger, huh? Running nearly eight solid minutes, Allegiance features yet another epic J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League beat, a verse from Rick Ross that’s at the very least memorable (Monster this isn’t) and, of course, the kind of signature swag flows that T.I. helped invent, and still does better than anyone else. God I wish we were able to just focus on the music for this one, Pledge Allegiance deserves it, but T.I. and the West Hollywood sheriff’s department obviously had other ideas. It’s far too early to knows how the arrest will affect the release date of T.I.’s suddenly ironically titled King Uncaged album. You’ll just have to keep it locked for more details as they develop.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.