Had T.I.’s new single Pledge Allegiance to the Swag dropped just 48 hours ago this intro would have been completely different, but unfortunately I now have no choice but to write it in the context of Tip’s recent arrest in L.A. for drug possession (according to the L.A. Times, allegedly marijuana and ecstasy), a charge that, if convicted, could land him back in prison for years. So yeah…um…how ‘bout this Pledge Allegiance? It’s a banger, huh? Running nearly eight solid minutes, Allegiance features yet another epic J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League beat, a verse from Rick Ross that’s at the very least memorable (Monster this isn’t) and, of course, the kind of signature swag flows that T.I. helped invent, and still does better than anyone else. God I wish we were able to just focus on the music for this one, Pledge Allegiance deserves it, but T.I. and the West Hollywood sheriff’s department obviously had other ideas. It’s far too early to knows how the arrest will affect the release date of T.I.’s suddenly ironically titled King Uncaged album. You’ll just have to keep it locked for more details as they develop.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.