Life hasn’t exactly been easy for T.I.; with the legal problems that have plagued the Grand Hustle mogul in recent memory, he’s more than earned the appellation, “Trouble Man.” And, unsurprisingly, these circumstances have been equally straining on his significant other. Lest she start to fantasize about finding a man with less baggage, however, Tip sets out to remind her just how much she’d miss the luxurious (if tumultuous) existence he’s given her on Love This Life, the latest single off his next LP. Mars mans the boards on this heartfelt jam; over the 1500 or Nothin beatsmith’s rolling break and soulful piano chords, Clifford Harris initially tries to allay the woman’s fears with a little Whatever You Like-style bribery, but proves more convincing when he lets the mask of high-rollerdom slip and appeals to her on an emotional level: “Your frustration I take into consideration / I’m rough around the edges, don’t bat with me and be patient… My heart is RSVP, I’ve extended an invitation.” Has T.I. won you over with this heart-on-sleeve banger? Then keep your browsers locked for all the latest on his eighth full-length, currently scheduled for a summer release.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.