Life hasn’t exactly been easy for T.I.; with the legal problems that have plagued the Grand Hustle mogul in recent memory, he’s more than earned the appellation, “Trouble Man.” And, unsurprisingly, these circumstances have been equally straining on his significant other. Lest she start to fantasize about finding a man with less baggage, however, Tip sets out to remind her just how much she’d miss the luxurious (if tumultuous) existence he’s given her on Love This Life, the latest single off his next LP. Mars mans the boards on this heartfelt jam; over the 1500 or Nothin beatsmith’s rolling break and soulful piano chords, Clifford Harris initially tries to allay the woman’s fears with a little Whatever You Like-style bribery, but proves more convincing when he lets the mask of high-rollerdom slip and appeals to her on an emotional level: “Your frustration I take into consideration / I’m rough around the edges, don’t bat with me and be patient… My heart is RSVP, I’ve extended an invitation.” Has T.I. won you over with this heart-on-sleeve banger? Then keep your browsers locked for all the latest on his eighth full-length, currently scheduled for a summer release.
Written by richard on 06/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.