Life hasn’t exactly been easy for T.I.; with the legal problems that have plagued the Grand Hustle mogul in recent memory, he’s more than earned the appellation, “Trouble Man.” And, unsurprisingly, these circumstances have been equally straining on his significant other. Lest she start to fantasize about finding a man with less baggage, however, Tip sets out to remind her just how much she’d miss the luxurious (if tumultuous) existence he’s given her on Love This Life, the latest single off his next LP. Mars mans the boards on this heartfelt jam; over the 1500 or Nothin beatsmith’s rolling break and soulful piano chords, Clifford Harris initially tries to allay the woman’s fears with a little Whatever You Like-style bribery, but proves more convincing when he lets the mask of high-rollerdom slip and appeals to her on an emotional level: “Your frustration I take into consideration / I’m rough around the edges, don’t bat with me and be patient… My heart is RSVP, I’ve extended an invitation.” Has T.I. won you over with this heart-on-sleeve banger? Then keep your browsers locked for all the latest on his eighth full-length, currently scheduled for a summer release.
Written by richard on 06/15/12
T.I. could easily be forgiven for just not caring that much anymore. After all, what does he have left to prove? Millions of records sold, Grammys lining his wall, enough money for Scrooge McDuck to swim through, widespread...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)