In just a little over a year (his breakthrough K.R.I.T. Wuz Here project dropped in May of 2010) Big K.R.I.T. has risen from yet another face in the hip-hop’s increasingly crowded crowd to a producer and rapper widely considered to be at the forefront of a rap Renaissance. Having already worked with Ludacris and Bun B, Krizza completes the Southern heavyweight collab trifecta by providing T.I. with I’m Flexin, the first single since the King of the South’s latest prison release. True to form K.R.I.T. provides a trunk rattler of a beat that’s still grounded in classic soul, giving Clifford Harris more than enough heat to fuel the swagger raps he first built his empire on. As the man himself says, “The King is back”. There’s no larger project to attach Flexin to yet, but assuming he can stay out of trouble I’m sure T.I. will rectify that situation soon. As for K.R.I.T., while his Live From the Underground album has been pushed back ‘till 2012, fans can catch him performing live at our A3C stage.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/2/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)