In just a little over a year (his breakthrough K.R.I.T. Wuz Here project dropped in May of 2010) Big K.R.I.T. has risen from yet another face in the hip-hop’s increasingly crowded crowd to a producer and rapper widely considered to be at the forefront of a rap Renaissance. Having already worked with Ludacris and Bun B, Krizza completes the Southern heavyweight collab trifecta by providing T.I. with I’m Flexin, the first single since the King of the South’s latest prison release. True to form K.R.I.T. provides a trunk rattler of a beat that’s still grounded in classic soul, giving Clifford Harris more than enough heat to fuel the swagger raps he first built his empire on. As the man himself says, “The King is back”. There’s no larger project to attach Flexin to yet, but assuming he can stay out of trouble I’m sure T.I. will rectify that situation soon. As for K.R.I.T., while his Live From the Underground album has been pushed back ‘till 2012, fans can catch him performing live at our A3C stage.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/2/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.