The lord giveth, and the lord taketh away. On the same day that Lil Wayne finally heads off to jail for an eight month bid, the long-imprisoned and still King of the South T.I. has decided to begin his comeback tour with his aptly named new single I’m Back. If you were wondering if prison would change T.I.’s sound, it hasn’t; I’m Back sounds like it could have come off King, right down to the triumphantly epic, trap music beat from The Trackslayerz (although T.I. has played down the more overt gun talk). In the end though, as always, I’m Back is T.I.’s show, as he immediately sets out to remind any challengers that may have sprung up during his absence who still rules the South: “No matter what they doin they don’t do it like me.” Ain’t that the truth. I’m Back is off T.I.’s still untitled new album (due out this August), meaning that for now you’ll just have to be patient and enjoy some new music from Clifford Harris. It’s been far too long.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.