The lord giveth, and the lord taketh away. On the same day that Lil Wayne finally heads off to jail for an eight month bid, the long-imprisoned and still King of the South T.I. has decided to begin his comeback tour with his aptly named new single I’m Back. If you were wondering if prison would change T.I.’s sound, it hasn’t; I’m Back sounds like it could have come off King, right down to the triumphantly epic, trap music beat from The Trackslayerz (although T.I. has played down the more overt gun talk). In the end though, as always, I’m Back is T.I.’s show, as he immediately sets out to remind any challengers that may have sprung up during his absence who still rules the South: “No matter what they doin they don’t do it like me.” Ain’t that the truth. I’m Back is off T.I.’s still untitled new album (due out this August), meaning that for now you’ll just have to be patient and enjoy some new music from Clifford Harris. It’s been far too long.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.