The lord giveth, and the lord taketh away. On the same day that Lil Wayne finally heads off to jail for an eight month bid, the long-imprisoned and still King of the South T.I. has decided to begin his comeback tour with his aptly named new single I’m Back. If you were wondering if prison would change T.I.’s sound, it hasn’t; I’m Back sounds like it could have come off King, right down to the triumphantly epic, trap music beat from The Trackslayerz (although T.I. has played down the more overt gun talk). In the end though, as always, I’m Back is T.I.’s show, as he immediately sets out to remind any challengers that may have sprung up during his absence who still rules the South: “No matter what they doin they don’t do it like me.” Ain’t that the truth. I’m Back is off T.I.’s still untitled new album (due out this August), meaning that for now you’ll just have to be patient and enjoy some new music from Clifford Harris. It’s been far too long.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.