Here Ye, Hear Ye! Be it known that, on this day the 19th of October, His Majesty King Clifford Harris hath stepp’d into the Booth with a new single for thine listening pleasure. God save the King! Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system, back to your regularly scheduled track review. Fresh off the success of the Krizza-assisted I’m Flexin’, the officially-uncaged T.I. hooks up with Pharrell Williams for yet another fresh promo cut. In addition to handling production duties, backing the record with an imperious yet hard-nosed blend of brass fanfare and gritty chopped-sample accents, Sk8brd grabs the mic to herald the headliner’s arrival with a deadpan opening verse. When the crowd’s sufficiently warmed up, the headliner takes center stage to celebrate his freedom and throw a few pre-emptive stones at those who would cast judgment: “Can’t see behind the walls of my castle / Opinionated peon, son, but who asked you? / I’ll tell you what you do: take your two cents / Kick rocks to a fountain, pitch ‘em and make a wish.” Though this joint isn’t attached to the project, T.I. does have an eighth LP in the works, titled either Kill the King or Trouble. Stay tuned for further release details!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.