Here Ye, Hear Ye! Be it known that, on this day the 19th of October, His Majesty King Clifford Harris hath stepp’d into the Booth with a new single for thine listening pleasure. God save the King! Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system, back to your regularly scheduled track review. Fresh off the success of the Krizza-assisted I’m Flexin’, the officially-uncaged T.I. hooks up with Pharrell Williams for yet another fresh promo cut. In addition to handling production duties, backing the record with an imperious yet hard-nosed blend of brass fanfare and gritty chopped-sample accents, Sk8brd grabs the mic to herald the headliner’s arrival with a deadpan opening verse. When the crowd’s sufficiently warmed up, the headliner takes center stage to celebrate his freedom and throw a few pre-emptive stones at those who would cast judgment: “Can’t see behind the walls of my castle / Opinionated peon, son, but who asked you? / I’ll tell you what you do: take your two cents / Kick rocks to a fountain, pitch ‘em and make a wish.” Though this joint isn’t attached to the project, T.I. does have an eighth LP in the works, titled either Kill the King or Trouble. Stay tuned for further release details!
Written by richard on 10/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.