Here Ye, Hear Ye! Be it known that, on this day the 19th of October, His Majesty King Clifford Harris hath stepp’d into the Booth with a new single for thine listening pleasure. God save the King! Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system, back to your regularly scheduled track review. Fresh off the success of the Krizza-assisted I’m Flexin’, the officially-uncaged T.I. hooks up with Pharrell Williams for yet another fresh promo cut. In addition to handling production duties, backing the record with an imperious yet hard-nosed blend of brass fanfare and gritty chopped-sample accents, Sk8brd grabs the mic to herald the headliner’s arrival with a deadpan opening verse. When the crowd’s sufficiently warmed up, the headliner takes center stage to celebrate his freedom and throw a few pre-emptive stones at those who would cast judgment: “Can’t see behind the walls of my castle / Opinionated peon, son, but who asked you? / I’ll tell you what you do: take your two cents / Kick rocks to a fountain, pitch ‘em and make a wish.” Though this joint isn’t attached to the project, T.I. does have an eighth LP in the works, titled either Kill the King or Trouble. Stay tuned for further release details!
Written by richard on 10/19/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.