Here Ye, Hear Ye! Be it known that, on this day the 19th of October, His Majesty King Clifford Harris hath stepp’d into the Booth with a new single for thine listening pleasure. God save the King! Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system, back to your regularly scheduled track review. Fresh off the success of the Krizza-assisted I’m Flexin’, the officially-uncaged T.I. hooks up with Pharrell Williams for yet another fresh promo cut. In addition to handling production duties, backing the record with an imperious yet hard-nosed blend of brass fanfare and gritty chopped-sample accents, Sk8brd grabs the mic to herald the headliner’s arrival with a deadpan opening verse. When the crowd’s sufficiently warmed up, the headliner takes center stage to celebrate his freedom and throw a few pre-emptive stones at those who would cast judgment: “Can’t see behind the walls of my castle / Opinionated peon, son, but who asked you? / I’ll tell you what you do: take your two cents / Kick rocks to a fountain, pitch ‘em and make a wish.” Though this joint isn’t attached to the project, T.I. does have an eighth LP in the works, titled either Kill the King or Trouble. Stay tuned for further release details!
Written by richard on 10/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.