T.I. will be the first to admit that his career in the game hasn’t been an uninterrupted string of victories—I mean, he is titling his new album “Trouble Man”—but, when you add it all up, precious few can compete with the Grand Hustle head honcho’s ability to Go Get It. (If I have to specify that “it,” in this context, signifies dinero, you might need to go back to rap preschool.) A video for his latest single, this cut is an exemplar of Southern trap music, with beatmisth T-Minus layering staccato synths and submerged samples over a bass-heavy, handclap-infused beat as the Atlanta heavyweight reminds us just how hard he’s been ballin’. In between the braggadocious punchlines (“I’m the Marathon Man, all I do is run sh*t.”), the artist assures fans that his past brushes with the law haven’t sanded down his rough edges, spitting “Still ride with that 44, don’t let my P.O. know.” (Sure thing TIP, I’ll keep it on the down-low.) Digging this unapologetic hustle anthem? Keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest leading up to the late-2012, arrival of T.I.‘s latest full-length.
Written by richard on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.