T.I. will be the first to admit that his career in the game hasn’t been an uninterrupted string of victories—I mean, he is titling his new album “Trouble Man”—but, when you add it all up, precious few can compete with the Grand Hustle head honcho’s ability to Go Get It. (If I have to specify that “it,” in this context, signifies dinero, you might need to go back to rap preschool.) A video for his latest single, this cut is an exemplar of Southern trap music, with beatmisth T-Minus layering staccato synths and submerged samples over a bass-heavy, handclap-infused beat as the Atlanta heavyweight reminds us just how hard he’s been ballin’. In between the braggadocious punchlines (“I’m the Marathon Man, all I do is run sh*t.”), the artist assures fans that his past brushes with the law haven’t sanded down his rough edges, spitting “Still ride with that 44, don’t let my P.O. know.” (Sure thing TIP, I’ll keep it on the down-low.) Digging this unapologetic hustle anthem? Keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest leading up to the late-2012, arrival of T.I.‘s latest full-length.
Written by richard on 08/16/12
T.I. could easily be forgiven for just not caring that much anymore. After all, what does he have left to prove? Millions of records sold, Grammys lining his wall, enough money for Scrooge McDuck to swim through, widespread...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.