Though recent reports have indicated that T.I. will be returning from the slammer this coming September, the Grand Hustle heavyweight’s gotten a head start on—well, I’d call it a comeback, but he doesn’t seem to appreciate that wording. In any case, the ATLien takes his latest record as an opportunity to remind us that he conducts his hustle in a manner both quantitatively and qualitatively distinct from his peers—or, as labelmate B.o.B. more succinctly puts it on the hook, “We Don’t Get Down Like Y’all.” The Runners (who teased the release earlier this week via Twitter—props to Miss Info for the scoop!) handle production, serving up a street-certified synth-brass beat to back Harris as he counts the myriad ways in which the competition fails to measure up to his lofty standards—from their deficiency in realness, to their lack of experience in the game, to the fact that they rock lime-green hot pants. He even delivers a prime candidate for the next No Sense Rap Lines rundown, boasting “ been the best since I was rappin’ in a rattle.” It has yet to be determined whether Down will be attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 06/30/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.