Though recent reports have indicated that T.I. will be returning from the slammer this coming September, the Grand Hustle heavyweight’s gotten a head start on—well, I’d call it a comeback, but he doesn’t seem to appreciate that wording. In any case, the ATLien takes his latest record as an opportunity to remind us that he conducts his hustle in a manner both quantitatively and qualitatively distinct from his peers—or, as labelmate B.o.B. more succinctly puts it on the hook, “We Don’t Get Down Like Y’all.” The Runners (who teased the release earlier this week via Twitter—props to Miss Info for the scoop!) handle production, serving up a street-certified synth-brass beat to back Harris as he counts the myriad ways in which the competition fails to measure up to his lofty standards—from their deficiency in realness, to their lack of experience in the game, to the fact that they rock lime-green hot pants. He even delivers a prime candidate for the next No Sense Rap Lines rundown, boasting “ been the best since I was rappin’ in a rattle.” It has yet to be determined whether Down will be attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 06/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.