Even though T.I. has (sadly) spent more time behind bars than he has promoting his new album, No Mercy has managed to sell more than 500,000 physical copies. Thus, instead of waiting until the emcee is released from prison in September, his team at Atlantic Records has decided to unleash the album’s most promising record. Written by Skylar Grey (see I Need A Doctor), Castle Walls combines heavy hi-hat snare and synthesizers from in vogue musical maestro Alex da Kid with a popppy, yet strong hook from Mrs. Christina Aguilera. Lyrically, T.I. evokes plenty of emotion, explaining how he has felt attacked and discussing everything from his beefs and his come up, to his legacy as an artist and a man. For those who choose to compare Walls to Eminem’s Love the Way You Lie, not so fast. The only true similarity between the records (besides the work of Alex and Grey) is their eventual standing at the top of the charts. So, will T.I.’s attempt at a crossover hit go as well as Em’s? That, DJBooth readers, if for you to decide.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.