Even though T.I. has (sadly) spent more time behind bars than he has promoting his new album, No Mercy has managed to sell more than 500,000 physical copies. Thus, instead of waiting until the emcee is released from prison in September, his team at Atlantic Records has decided to unleash the album’s most promising record. Written by Skylar Grey (see I Need A Doctor), Castle Walls combines heavy hi-hat snare and synthesizers from in vogue musical maestro Alex da Kid with a popppy, yet strong hook from Mrs. Christina Aguilera. Lyrically, T.I. evokes plenty of emotion, explaining how he has felt attacked and discussing everything from his beefs and his come up, to his legacy as an artist and a man. For those who choose to compare Walls to Eminem’s Love the Way You Lie, not so fast. The only true similarity between the records (besides the work of Alex and Grey) is their eventual standing at the top of the charts. So, will T.I.’s attempt at a crossover hit go as well as Em’s? That, DJBooth readers, if for you to decide.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.