T.I. is so accustomed to a life of constant excitement and looming danger that, to him, the Wildside feels like the normal side. (As for whether walking on the normal side would feel wild or just boring, I’ll let y’all speculate.) Coming on the heels of reader-approved, Cee-Lo-assisted single Hello, this freshly-released album standout finds the Grand Hustle head honcho coming together with rising rap star A$AP Rocky to offers listeners a glimpse of the only world they’ve ever known—one where 15-year-old kids sell keys and tote AKs, dead bodies are an everyday sight and fortunes can be gained and lost overnight. Chi-town mainstay No I.D. provides a slow-burning synth instrumental to back the record. Tip’s long-awaited Trouble Man: Heavy Is the Head is scheduled to drop Tuesday, December 18, and Rocky is currently prepping his studio debut, LongLiveA$AP, for release January 15.
Written by richard on 12/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.