In an environment as saturated with talent as A3C, all it takes is the right catalyst to transform collaborative chemistry into musical gold. The Flush Music and SMKA were more than happy to play that role, and now they’re preparing to release of the results of their experimentation as a new mixtape. The first single off the set should give you an idea of The Sparks that can fly when spitters from across the country pool their talents over quality production. Here, The Flush flips a spacey Royskopp sample as Brooklyn phenom Skyzoo, SoCal underground mainstay Thurz and Baltimore buzzmaker Los trade verses. Like what you’re hearing? You can look forward to plenty more high-quality collabs on the currently-unscheduled, TrillHD-presented Stankonia Sessions: A3C Edition 2012. In the meantime, fans can hear more from Skyzoo and Thurz on their respective latest projects, A Dream Deferred and 517 W Queen Tape.
Written by richard on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.