In an environment as saturated with talent as A3C, all it takes is the right catalyst to transform collaborative chemistry into musical gold. The Flush Music and SMKA were more than happy to play that role, and now they’re preparing to release of the results of their experimentation as a new mixtape. The first single off the set should give you an idea of The Sparks that can fly when spitters from across the country pool their talents over quality production. Here, The Flush flips a spacey Royskopp sample as Brooklyn phenom Skyzoo, SoCal underground mainstay Thurz and Baltimore buzzmaker Los trade verses. Like what you’re hearing? You can look forward to plenty more high-quality collabs on the currently-unscheduled, TrillHD-presented Stankonia Sessions: A3C Edition 2012. In the meantime, fans can hear more from Skyzoo and Thurz on their respective latest projects, A Dream Deferred and 517 W Queen Tape.
Written by richard on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.