I don’t know what I expected from a joint named after mid-‘80s sitcom Punky Brewster, but it definitely didn’t involve a Jamaican patois. In fact, THURZ‘s new single has nothing to do with the show or its precocious grade-schooler protagonist, aside from the “Punky, Punky…” vocal sample that loops throughout the hook. It does, however, boast some characteristically high-quality verses from the SoCal mainstay, one of which (as I alluded to above) he delivers in a fast-paced dancehall style. His aggressive bars come backed by the slow-rolling percussion and street-ready keyboard loops of Booth-approved duo Christian Rich. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Blood on the Canvas has yet to be assigned a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.