I don’t know what I expected from a joint named after mid-‘80s sitcom Punky Brewster, but it definitely didn’t involve a Jamaican patois. In fact, THURZ‘s new single has nothing to do with the show or its precocious grade-schooler protagonist, aside from the “Punky, Punky…” vocal sample that loops throughout the hook. It does, however, boast some characteristically high-quality verses from the SoCal mainstay, one of which (as I alluded to above) he delivers in a fast-paced dancehall style. His aggressive bars come backed by the slow-rolling percussion and street-ready keyboard loops of Booth-approved duo Christian Rich. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Blood on the Canvas has yet to be assigned a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!