I don’t know what I expected from a joint named after mid-‘80s sitcom Punky Brewster, but it definitely didn’t involve a Jamaican patois. In fact, THURZ‘s new single has nothing to do with the show or its precocious grade-schooler protagonist, aside from the “Punky, Punky…” vocal sample that loops throughout the hook. It does, however, boast some characteristically high-quality verses from the SoCal mainstay, one of which (as I alluded to above) he delivers in a fast-paced dancehall style. His aggressive bars come backed by the slow-rolling percussion and street-ready keyboard loops of Booth-approved duo Christian Rich. Craving more? Then stay tuned; Blood on the Canvas has yet to be assigned a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.