This joint is so jazzy. The sound that is. Man, I love the horns and drums on this one. Producer Sounwave (best known for his word with the TDE roster) builds the sonic streets for Thurz to march on with his rhymes on the newly-released cut, Kings Keep Marching. It’s the perfect platform for the Inglewood representer to deliver a high energy track, which boasts an epic movie soundtrack type of feel. Verse after verse Thurz goes in; it’s a style best described as Showtime with a Kareem hook, I’m Worthy. No word on whether or not this offering will be on his forthcoming L.A. Riot solo project, so in the meantime I guess we’ll just salute the kings that keeps marching.
Written by ThroatChopU on 06/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.